These came out delicious, but not so rich they were overwhelming.
These were even easier than the raspberry lemonade cupcakes! And just as delicious, but in a chocolatey way. Again, I started with a cake mix - it saves time, and for me, they just come out better.
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- Eggs (do what it says on the box)
- Oil (do what it says on the box)
- Water (do what it says on the box)
- 1 c unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- 3 c confectioners sugar
- 2 T milk
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- Chocolate garnish (I used chocolate curls)
- Icing bag
- 1M star tip
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and water just like it says on the box.
- Fill cups and bake cupcakes exactly like it says on the box
- Let them cool
- Cream butter and milk
- Add confectioners sugar and cocoa powder and whip until smooth
- Add more sugar or milk if needed to get desired consistency
- Using a large star tip on an icing bag, make swirls on top of cupcakes (I go from the outer edge to the center)
- Top with a chocolate garnish (it's all about the presentation!)
This recipe made about 12 regular and 24 mini cupcakes, and took about an hour of time in total (but I had to wash lots of dishes in between).