I'll be testing out some recipes over the next few weeks and sharing them here with you.
First up is my Holiday Sangria. I researched various sangria recipes, and used inspiration from them to create my own recipe. It's sweet, tart, spiced, and smells like Christmas. Try it at your next party!
Bonnie's Holiday Sangria
- 1 pomegranate, seeded (see my hint below)
- 6 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1 pear, cut into small pieces
- 1 small green apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 bottle red wine (I prefer Cabernet or Red Zinfandel)
- 3 cups ginger ale
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash allspice
- Remove and keep the seeds of the pomegranate. Make it easy by removing the seeds while holding the fruit under water in a large bowl. The seeds sink, the white stuff floats, and the seeds that pop won't spray all over you.
- Cut pear and apple into small pieces. Don't peel them - the green peels look pretty in the finished product
- Put all the fruit in a large pitcher
- Add spices
- Add wine, and stir to mix. Make sure fruit is covered by the wine to prevent browning. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate and wait to finish the sangria closer to the start of your party.
- Close to serving time, add the ginger ale
- Stir well and serve in clear glasses. Spoon fruit into the glasses if it's not pouring well.
Looking for more great holiday drinks? Check out these Christmas Cocktails!
|Washington Apple shots and martinis|
|Grasshopper shots and martinis|