Thursday, October 6, 2011

New Project Inspiration

Now that we have our date and venue nailed down, I can get into the really fun part of wedding planning - PROJECTS!!!

For now, I'm mostly in the idea generating phase, but I wanted to share some neat projects I've been seeing online.

Ribbon Wands - We're not allowed to have sparklers (even for our 4th of July week wedding!), but I'd be plenty happy with these.  Friends of mine did them, and they were so much fun to dance with.  I don't think I'll bother twirling them up though - takes too much time, and they'll be pretty with all the ribbons hanging down anyways.  Let's just hope they don't get tangled!

stylemepretty.com


Bunting - I can't wait to use this for decor.  My Mom is already making them!!!  (Watch for a guest blog post!)  I'm really excited about the versatility of these.  I might use them at some of our wedding-related parties.  I could also keep them for showers I throw in the future.  I'm definitely saving some for our future baby room.  And the rest I want to reuse the fabric to make us a wedding quilt!

cottonbunting.co.uk


Paper Flowers - These are so adorable that I really want to find a way to use them!





Dessert Trays - We're doing a dessert table, and these would make some of the selections stand out so cute!



Faux Milk Glass Vases - My friend Maizie at Chic Done Cheap did some of these, and I can't wait to try them out!


Painted Shells - A nod to my college major, I think it would be fun to add some lacquered shells to our tables.  Again, I'll be stealing an idea from Maizie!



I'm sure there will be much more to come, but I've been really excited about these this week!  Please leave a comment if you have any other ideas to add!

3 comments:

  1. the pennants were lots of fun to make, now I'm looking for the perfect fabrics to make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bonnie! I just wanted to say that I love reading your blog and I really like the idea of using an old photo frame for a dessert tray. I have been trying to think of how I can use this idea and Im hoping to do something for either Thanksgiving or Christmas ... but Im wondering if you've tried it yet?? but I think it sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried it yet, but please let me know how it turns out! I'll let you know if I do it first.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!