Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fall Wedding Bouquet Inspiration

I'm doing the bouquets and boutonnieres for another friend this weekend!  I'm super excited!

Her wedding has an autumn theme, so I want to use burgundy, red, deep orange and yellow, and dark purple flowers, especially roses, calla lilies, mums, sunflowers, dahlias, and gerbera daisies.  I might also add in some berries and peppers for visual interest.

A few weeks ago we made a trip up to Potomac Floral in Silver Spring to get inspired.  I took photos of flowers she liked so I'll have a better idea of what to get when I go shopping this weekend!



I'll make primarily floral bouquets (little or no greenery), and finish them with a garnet satin ribbon.  The boutonnieres will either be roses or calla lilies, but the choice and color will depend on what looks nice on the day I go buy everything.  All in all, it will be seven bouquets and fifteen corsages/boutonnieres!!!



Now that I have some experience doing all this, it will hopefully go smoother and be faster than last time.  Skipping the 20 centerpieces should help, too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!