But there have been a few delays, so here's another post on the progress that has been made!
- The uncovered the recessed light and air vent that got covered up. I'm glad we've been touring the basement daily, and noticed these before more work was done!
- Everything has been primed, so it's ready for us to paint. Painting the room ourselves will save over $1,000!
- We had been planning to install our own 5" baseboards after we put in the floors.
- A message got lost somewhere, and 3.5" baseboards were installed by surprise.
- But they look really nice, they're done, and we don't have to pay for them or do them ourselves, so this was a nice surprise!
|Most unique baby gift yet!|
- The siding guys were here for four days, and we now have new siding!
- We had to have a little conversation about how they used my landscaped flower beds as their workspace. Come on guys, what's wrong with working in grass? Are bushes and flowers really that much better of a place to set up your tools and work area? Now I've added "fix back yard landscaping" to my never ending pre-baby to-do list.
|The pretty new siding makes me want to paint the utility boxes white to match|
- A little bit of touching up drywall
- Installing the patio lights
- Installing fresh outlets
- Finishing the recessed lights
- Installing gutters
After three days of rain, sleet, snow, and wind, we have some good news and bad news. Good news: the leak that started this whole project is gone! Bad news: The new French door isn't watertight, so there's a new leak. Big sad face :(
You might also be interested in these posts:
Basement Remodel: Getting Started
Save money on your remodel by doing your own demo
Basement Remodel: Imperfect Progress
Basement Remodel: Light at the End of the Tunnel