Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What's on your wallet? {plus discounts!!!}

I know I've been slacking on the projects lately, but a lot of that is due to the amount of time I've been spending researching and shopping.  Like for my husband's (new to him) car, lamps, a chandelier, and for the items I'm about to feature!

Bonnie Projects isn't typically a style blog, but I'm so excited about these new things that I just have to share!

My birthday just passed, and all I really wanted was a quality purse (my last three fell apart in a matter of months), a fresh wallet (the old one was so dingy that even oxyclean wasn't cutting it anymore), and a cute iPhone case.

Here's what I was working with pre-birthday:


  • Doctor's bag style purse from Goodwill (it's in good shape, but I HATE the short handles and it never really lost it's eau-de-Goodwill, yuck)
  • Bungalow 360 whale wallet I've had for 4+ years.  Cute and functional, but it's definitely not white anymore even though I've run it through the wash a number of times.
  • Otterbox iPhone case.  Totally functional.  Totally boring.

They're all headed to Goodwill and hopefully someone else will find them useful!

I'll fess up, I searched for replacements for hours.  Went to the mall, checked out Target, DSW, Macy's, TJ Maxx, all the regular spots.  Nothing.  Then it dawned on my to try Etsy.  Holy cow guys!!!  Seriously, it's everything you could ever want and more.  And homemade, often in the USA.  And affordable.  Score!

Here's what I "asked for" for my birthday (does it count if you add items to your cart then make your husband check out?):



But wait, there's more!  Because I was so happy with my new finds, I contacted the shop owners who made these beautiful pieces, and they agreed to pass some discounts on to you!

Adele hand makes dozens of styles of leather bags, in an array of beautiful colors (hubs, are you reading?  I love the yellow!!!).  She'll also take custom orders.  She's offering 15% off everything in her shop for the month of November, just by entering NOV15 during checkout!  Seriously, you will love her bags, they are scrumptious.  Add one to your holiday wish list!



Faith on Earth makes wallets, checkbook covers, business card holders, and the like - all in adorable fabrics.  It makes me smile every time I pull out my wallet, and notice how cute it is!  She's offering a 10% discount through the end of December, just by entering 10OFFFAITHONEARTH at checkout.  Don't know what to get that hard-to-shop-for lady?  This.  You're welcome.



Dana unfortunately couldn't swing a discount on her iPhone cases, but her prices are already pretty competitive, so you're in luck!  These would also make excellent Christmas gifts or bridesmaids gifts, especially since they can be customized.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!