Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas Craft: Scottie Dog from a charm pack


This craft was one of the I-must-have-that things I got at the Houston Quilt Festival.  He's made from two Moda Aspen Frost Mini Charm Packs.

When I bought the charm packs, the instructions came free.

I layed out my squares so the colors and patterns looked nice and random.


Then I sewed them into strips (turns out vertical strips work better than horizontal), and sewed the strips together.




Whoops!  Redo!


I attached the two sides with a strip of red fabric.  The fabric got all wonky the first time and I had to take it apart and redo it.  Lots of pins helped the second time around.

I finished his look with a velvet ribbon and a button eye!


Isn't he cute on our sofa?





You might also be interested in these posts:

Holiday Card Holder
Christmas Cocktails
No-sew Glitter Tutu



1 comment:

  1. I've been having a hard time with the side strips as well. Any other suggestion other than lots of pins?

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!