Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mardi Gras King Cake

It's Mardi Gras season again!  We don't get the parades and parties here in DC, but I can bring Mardi Gras to my own house by making my annual King Cake.

This year's cake turned out the best of any I've made, and I'm grateful to have shared it with family and friends at a crock-pot-challenge party last night (my mother-in-law let me off the hook of making a crock pot dish, if and only if I made a King Cake).

Without further ado, here's the cake!


And here's the recipe!

Next year I plan to take orders for cakes, so if you're local feel free to place an order :)



Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. This is super cool!! I am stopping by for the 1st time. I hope you link to my party every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/02/link-party-8.html
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!