Monday, December 17, 2012

DIY no-sew glitter tutu

My husband and I have been deeply saddened by the events of last week at Sandy Hook Elementary.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and community of Newtown.

This tragedy has made me think a lot about the children in my life, especially my young cousins.  They're really cool girls, and I wanted to do something special for them.  I had some awesome glitter tulle in my craft room, so I made them a glittery tutu to play dress-up!

The tutorial has most of the instructions, but I'll add a few along the way.

Materials:
  • 1.5 yards ribbon
  • 3 yards tulle (or more to make it even puffier)

After this, cut each long piece in half, so they measure half the width of the tulle x 6"
 I'll be sure to add a photo once they get it in the mail!!!  I wore it around the house to make sure it fluttered properly, but a photo of me in a glittery tutu just isn't the kind of thing that needs to be online!


{Did you notice the pile of glitter on the floor once I was done?  How about my tacky Christmas glitter nail polish?


I'm observing a blogger day of silence tomorrow, but I'll be back later this week.

1 comment:

  1. Terrific! Yup, noticed the nails right off the bat. It's okay..........

    Thanks for sharing your heartfelt message XO

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!