Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!!!

If you've been wondering why loads of new posts have been coming out lately, it's because my Mom took time out of her life, flew all the way across the country, and spent 10 days with me to accompany me to 3 showers, finish 11 wedding projects, work on my wedding gown (that she designed and is making), and even do some fun touristy stuff.

Mom and Lucky dog at the Azalea forest, National Arboretum

As far as DIY weddings go, my Mom has been honing her skills her entire life, through her custom wedding gown business, costuming, quilting, deal scavenging, and more!  I think we've successfully put all her amazing skills to the test this year, the best one being infinite patience!

Mom working on the belt for my wedding ensemble

I really, truly don't think I could have made it through the past year without her love and support.  She's a wonderful Mom and a fantastic friend.  I'm the luckiest daughter in the world :)


I love you, Mom!!!

My surprise shower was a surprise for her, too!

2 comments:

  1. very cool miss B.we are all looking at it now.

    love
    Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janet is truly an amazing person and the best at whatever she decides to do! Bonnie, you are pretty amazing too but how could you not be with the wonderful set of parents given to you. All I can say is that the 3 of you never cease to amaze me. You have all my respect, admiration & love...So honored to share your friendship. Congrats!!! our love...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!