Friday, January 3, 2014

Don't trash those Christmas cards!

I love sending and receiving Christmas cards!  I especially love the ones with photos of the family - it's so fun to see families grow and change throughout the years.


So of course I have trouble throwing them away after Christmas.  They're pictures!  Memories!

Instead, I found a way that I can keep them around.  Make little books!

I took a regular three-hole punch, and centered two of the holes on the long side of the card.  Punch!


Then I corralled all the cards onto one-inch book rings (Staples had them in pretty colors, which I couldn't pass up).


I used my Silhouette to cut a cute cover out of some scrapbooking cardstock, so we'd be able to remember which year they came from.


And that was it!  All the punching and organizing took about 15 minutes.  The book rings were 12 for $4.39, so my grand total came to about 75 cents per year.  Next Christmas, I'll display these in a basket somewhere so people can look through them.




You might also be interested in these posts:

Christmas Card Display
Wine cork fire starters
Christmas Cocktails




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!