Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Coral Wedding Wreaths

The doors of our chapel were a little plain for the entrance to such a fun wedding!  To spruce them up a bit, we decided to add some color with floral wreaths.


Real ones were pretty pricey, and they only last a few days.  It would be much more fun to reuse our wedding wreaths again and again, so we went with silk flowers!

I looked online and at all the local craft stores, but didn't have much luck.  Well, I found some in the $100+ price range I liked, but I wasn't willing to pay that.

My Mom found some that were close to perfect at Tuesday Morning, for $35 each.

They had a little too much purple and yellow going on, but no problem!  We removed the offending flowers - just ripped them off.

In their place, we added "Bonnie Pink" flowers.  We also supplemented a few other spots on the wreaths that were looking a little bare.

Here they are adorning our chapel doors.


The extra flowers cost about $40, and it took less than an hour to spruce up the bargain wreaths.  They were perfect on wedding day, and I can't wait to use them in our home!

1 comment:

  1. Wow these look GORGEOUS! You have a great eye for this stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!