Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cucumber Soup

In addition to pounds of eggplants and everything you'd need for a vegetarian lasagna, I've been getting ample cucumbers in my CSA share.  This fact, combined with 100+ degree days, makes cucumber soup a natural go-to.

As my mom says, "if you are what you eat, then I'm fast, cheap, and easy!"  This recipe fits those qualifications, as well as being healthy and no-cook!


Cucumber Soup

Ingredients:
1.5 c cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
1 c plain yogurt (pick your own fat content)
1 T dill (though I've been using basil because I have oodles growing on my patio)
1 T olive oil (or less, you decide)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Throw everything in a food processor or blender for a few minutes and serve!  

This takes about five minutes start to finish, and makes 1-4 servings depending on how hungry you are.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!